Rotary Unions, Swivel Joints, Air Breather Filters, Flexible Hoses
Filton is a world leader in the production of Standard and Special Rotary Seals. Through our use of state of the art designs and sophisticated seal face materials, we regularly undertake and solve a multitude of complex sealing problems.
Multiport Rotary Unions and Swivel Joints are now common place, and if a suitable design is not already available Filton's Expert Design Team will liaise with the customer and come up with a solution.
- Rotary Unions are self-contained and self-supporting rotary seals used to transfer different media such as steam, water, air or oil from a stationary source to and from rotating machinery.
- Standard units are made of carbon steel, brass and cast construction with specials available in stainless steel, aluminium, bronze and nickel alloys for chemically aggressive fluids or food quality applications.
- A swivel joint is primarily for use on oscillating shafts, but is also suitable for transferring fluids to and from slowly rotating shafts.
- Our standard range varies from simple knuckle joints to models containing double row ball bearings for heavier duty.
AIR BREATHER FILTERS
- Air breather filters allow for the flow of clean air to and from a closed chamber where balanced atmospheric pressure is required, such as in gear boxes, bearings operating at high speed and hydraulic power packs.
- Filton air breather filters ensure that there is no dangerous build up of pressure or vacuum due to temperature or volume changes. The high quality sintered element prevents the ingress of air borne foreign particles.
- Filton recommend that their Rotary Unions are connected by flexible hoses. Hoses to carry air, water, gas, steam, hot oil services and low pressure oil are all available.
- Hoses can be supplied in various lengths with a variety of ends if required including fixed male, swivel male, fixed female, fixed flange and swivel flange.
- When the working conditions are beyond the limitations of standard rotary unions or swivel joints, Filton can design and manufacture these to meet customers specific requirements.
- They can be multiport and/or overshaft. Seals are available in a range of materials and designs to suit a wide range of conditions.
Please call our sales department at 1 (330) 562-1140 for pricing and availabilty.